Tuesday 6 January 2009

New Year! New Start!

So with 2009 now underway i have decided to start my updating my poker blog again. I have given up online poker and i am trying not to deposit anymore as i don't think that the game is fair and i don't think i have a good online game. I am going to set myself some poker goals for 2009 and i am hoping to stick to them and also improve my game.

Goals for 2009
  1. Play an APAT event
  2. Play a DTD £300 event
  3. Attend a Blonde Bash
  4. Keep a record of results
  5. Make an overall profit for the year

So i started off the year with a trip to Grosvenor Merrion on New Years Day for the £10 double chance. With the session fee of £3.50, yukky squashed tables, too many starting chips, poor structure which ends in the final table always going to a chip count i have really fallen out with the place but it was the only game in town on the day so i decided to play. Some of the play in this place is absolutely shocking and laughable at times.

I was card dead for most of the tournament and found a half decent hand in KQo so i shipped it in and walked into AQ, the board ran out pretty good and i had a straight draw by the turn and i rivered a K to suck out on the guy. My elimination hand came when we were down to around 14 left, My Mum pushed all in and i moved all in after her with A 10 and was follwed by another player in the BB, Mama G showed QQ and the BB showed AA oooops Flop comes 8 8 Q, turn is a Q giving Mama G the nuts and the river is a meaningless 10, meaning Mama G tripled up and i was eliminated by the AA as he had me covered. So 2009 didn't start of the best but I'm sure its going to be a good year poker wise.

Buy in(inc rake): £23.50

Cashes: £0

Profit/Loss: -£23.50

No comments: