Tuesday 27 January 2009

Alea £15 deep stack freezeout

Last night i played the Alea £15 freeze out. With 50 runners sitting down and 9 alternates, i thought it was a decent turn out as Gala and Grosvenor both had guaranteed tournaments.

So first level of the night (25/50) and i get AK0 in the c/o and flat a raise from the guy on my right, 2 others call and we see a flop of A X Js and its checked round to me so i fire 650 into the pot which is called by the guy to my right. The turn is a Qs and is checked by us both as i thought he could have AQ or AJ here after his check call. The river is the 10s and i bet 1.1k after he checks, he flats it and shows 8 9 for a lower straight.

The very next hand i get JJ and raise it up to 400 after a min raise and a call by the guy on my right, Mama G calls in the BB as do the raiser and caller. Flop comes Q high and is checked to me so i bet out which is smooth called by the guy to my right. Turn is a blank and is checked down, the river is another blank and he value bets and i call paying off the AQ. I should of passed.

An orbit later i get JJ again, i raised in late position which is called by the button and BB, the flop is 6 7 8 and the BB bets out 600 which i raise to 2k and he calls. The turn is a 5 and he checks so i peel off a free card, the river is a blank and we check it down and he shows AQ.

I had added 1350 to my 10k starting stack at the break. After the break i offered to deal for a while.

A big pot unfolded at the 200/400 level, Charles limped UTG and i look down at Ac Qs and raise it up to 1600, its passed round to the SB who calls for 1600 then Charles moves all in for 5.6k total. I decide to call and then the other guy calls so there is about 16k in the main pot. The flop comes down Xc As Jc, the SB fires 1k into a dry side pot so i flat call it. The turn is a Xc and he checks and i now move all in with top pair and the flush draw, he tanks and then calls with 9c 9s and was drawing dead to a 9. Charles turns over Ax Kc and was ahead at present, the river bricked out and Charles took the main pot and i scooped the side pot and showed a slight profit.

Then came my exit hand, a guy to my right who had been opening a lot of pots, raises it up to 3.6k at the 800/1600 level. I look down at Ks Qs and decide to move all in for around 14k as i think he will fold marginal hands like A Q off A J and 7 7 lower and i have a decent image. Its folded around to him and he makes the call for 70% of his stack with A Qoff. The Q hits the flop but no K or spades to help me out and i was dust.

I thought i played ok and could of folded the JJ in the first level, also i think my play with the Ks Qs was fine but i did have enough chips at the time to pass and find a better spot. I am going to work on trying to make folds when i think i am behind because my read is usually right but i find it hard to actually make the fold.

Buy ins (inc rake): £401.50

Cashes : £442

Profit/Loss: £40.50

2 comments:

Amatay said...

Alright fishay, nice blog, i'll link u up m8

Cf said...

I think you were unlucky with the KQ move. One thing I have noticed though is that all ins get called a lot more frequently on a monday, meaning it's a lot easier to get chipped up, but also to go bust.

PS - that tournament is in no way a deepstack tourney :)