Wednesday 7 January 2009

Alea £10 double chance

Tuesday night i went to Alea for the £10 double chance, i started of pretty well taking 2 pots off Joan with pocket 6's and QJ against her AK both times. I also made a straight and a flush to build my stack up to the 18k mark after my add on at the break.

After the break my table was broken up and i was moved to another table. After about 10 hands on my new table i was forced to move as i was the next BB and i moved to a table with a few friends on, Jonny Salfi, Mark Oldroyd and Christiano Greggster. I assessed the table for a while before Mark eliminated Chris as Chris had just lost a huge pot, Mark ended up calling Chris's all in with a draw which got there on the river.

Then a hand came up against Mark, he was on my right and he was taking advantage of my button and blinds so i was trying to find an opportunity to play back at him, I found K 10 on the BB in a limped pot and checked my option. The flop came 10 8 5 rainbow and Mark was first to act and bet a strong 4k into a similar sized pot, i had put Mark on top pair with a weakish kicker as i felt he would of made a raise pre with A 10. I thought my only move was all in an i thought the other limper's were going to fold to this move, I thought for 30 seconds then made my all in for around 17.5k. The 2 limper's folded and it was back on Mark in the SB with the decision. As he didn't call instantly i knew i was good and now wanted the call. Mark ended up calling with 10 7 and said after his call i put you on the 8, the turn paired the 5 which was good for me until the river paired the 10 giving us both the same full house and a split pot which tilted me after I had him totally dominated, but i didn't lose any chips which was a plus point.

I was picking up marginal hands and was being beaten into the pot every time so i was in fold mode until our table was split again and we were down to 20. I was moved straight into the BB and was running short on chips, my BB and SB got raised which i couldn't defend.

I found Ad Qd which i folded to a strong raise then i found Ah Qh again in a better position and i open the pot with a raise which was smooth called by the BB with a short stack, he pushed on the 10 J X board and i called the extra to find i had him beat when he flipped K 9 for a straight draw, the board ran out giving me the straight and bumped me up to average chips again.

I then found 7 7 UTG+1 a made a stupid move and limped, the button raised to 6k and after the rest had folded i decided to see a flop of J 8 X, i checked to the raiser who bet 10k leaving himself 4.5k behind, i moved all in and he called with A J and the board bricked for me and i was left with 2k which went in the next hand with 4c 5c i was called by the man to my left and the BB found a genuine hand and moved in only for the caller to move in also. The hands were JJ and KQ i hit a pair and a draw which failed to improve and the river gave the pot to the KQ and that was good night for me. My concentration lapsed and i played a hand horribly and that is something i have to improve next time i play.

Buy ins (inc rake): £107.50

Cashes : £175

Profit/Loss: £67.50

No comments: