Friday 16 January 2009

New Alea £20 double chance

So Thursday night i tried the new £20 double chance at Alea. With a disappointing 15 runners i saw a good chance of making the money and some valuable Alea Freeroll league points.

Both tables started 7 handed then a late entry was added to our table making us an 8. Our table was the loosest of the two. Had Christiano and Jonny Salfi at my table who know my game pretty well and also resumed the battle with Mama G.

My first big hand came up in the first level, i picked up KK in mid position and made a raise to 350, i found one caller in Mama G who was in the blinds and cant let a hand go to save her life. I took it down with a bet after she checked the flop.

I then played a 4s 5s on the button in a limped pot, the flop came down K 7 8 and was checked all round, a nice 6 on the turn gave the idiot end of the straight and when Christian bet 600 i decided to jack it up to 1600 to see where i stood, everybody folded and i took down the pot.

I then get JJ in early position, i raise it up and find one call by the loose guy with plenty of chips, I check the flop of K 8 8 as does my opponent, a nice looking J on the turn is checked by us both, a Q on the river fills in a few straights so i check with the intent to c raise him, he fires in 500 as i thought he might and after a little dwell i bumped it up to 2k, he made the call and his Q 10 was no good and i scooped the pot.

I was up to about 12k and then added on another 5k at the break.


After the break i found JJ and took the blinds, and after a few eliminations we were down to the final 9 and i had made the final table with 14.2k after losing a few blinds etc.

I only had 2 real hands on the final table, at the 300/600 level i found AQo UTG and raised it to 2600, i received 1 caller from mid position then an all in from the BB i elected to lay it down and wait for a better spot.


Then came my exit hand, the player that went all in over my 2600 raised it up in early position, i looked down at 7 7 and decided to gamble with my 9500 short stack so i moved all in, it got folded round to the raiser who called an extra 5k or so and flipped 8 8. No miracle 7 or straight and i was eliminated in 7th.


I felt like i played well and was unlucky to run into a higher pair. Still some valuable points towards the Freeroll next month.


Buy ins (inc rake): £234.50

Cashes : £175

Profit/Loss: -£59.50

No comments: