Thursday 29 January 2009

Gala £25+£15 double chance.

Last night i went to Gala hoping to make it a hat trick of final tables. Confidence was high and the banter was flowing and i felt like i was in the zone again.

I made a few steals and took down some pots uncontested in the first couple of levels an after adding on i had 15,425 at the break.

My first major hand came in the 400/800 level, after a limper and SB completes i looked down at K 10 off and check my option. The flop comes down 9 J Q and i had flopped the nuts, Jamie Millar checked in the SB and i fired out a bet of 1.2k. Both folded which was not what i was hoping for, i should of checked but i tried mixing it up a bit.

Then at the 500/1000 level the c/o raises to 3.5k, the button passes and i have A K in the SB and decide to flat it and shove any flop. The BB passes and we see a flop of Q X X and i move in as i had decided, the c/o quickly passes and i take down an 18.8k pot showing him the AK.

A couple of hands later i get dealt AA in early position and make it 2.9k to go, the BB comes along steam calling after the AK hand. The flop comes down K X X and he bets out 2.5k, i move all in thinking he cant pass a King but he quickly folds and I'm now up to 23.2k.

I then lost a few chips to a lady on my left after making raises, she moved in both times and i had to pass 6's (she showed K Q suited) and A J off (she showed QQ). I then moved all in with Ad Qd and was called by a short stack after me with JJ. I caught my A on the flop and took down a 3ok pot.

I was then moved tables and stole a few blinds before the final table bubble broke and i made my 3rd consecutive final table at Gala on the trot. I had just under average stack with 48k.

The 7th hand of the final table at 2k/4k level, a lad called Richard raised it up to 11k, i flat called in position with AK off and the flop comes A K 7. He moves in and i insta call him and take down the 84k pot eliminating him.

I then eliminated a player in 6th when he shoved his short stack into my BB, i looked down at AA and snap called him. He flipped 10s Js and after a sweat of a flush draw he bricked out and i was over 100k.

It became 3 handed and i found a new gear and began moving in and taking down some big blinds uncontested. I then had a decision after Peter Leonard(similar stack size) moved in on my BB, i had pocket 4's and didn't want to race as i wanted to be the first into the pot so i folded it. He then moved in again a few hands later and i looked down at 7's. I called this time as his range is huge and he turned over Qd 10d, a 10 on the flop and i was left with shrapnel which i got all in the next hand with 8h 6h, Peter called with 10 8 but i hit my 6 and we were back to the same stage.

We ended up doing a chop at 4am as there was only 30 minutes of play left. The big chip leader took £500 and me and Peter both took £440 each so i was happy after nearly busting in 3rd for £280.

I felt like i played solidly again tonight and i got the big score that i was after so i am now going to head to Blackpool on Saturday for the £100+£10 deep stack.

Buy ins (inc rake): £467

Cashes : £942

Profit/Loss: £475

No comments: