Saturday 10 January 2009

Gala Freeroll and Alea £25 Triple Chance

So last night i planned to attend the Gala free roll and set off early in anticipation of having to queue for a while, I got there at 6.20pm and already found a queue in access of 120 waiting for a seat. I decided not to bother and headed off to Alea instead for the £25 triple chance.

I arrived at Alea about 7pm and found 20 already signed up so i thought the backlog from gala would soon follow. The tournament reached its max capacity of 70 with still around 10 alternates waiting to get in.

I had a decent starting table and was drawn in seat 1 so i decided to deal as i think i play better when dealing. I had Justin Sevilla to my right and a few loose players making up the rest of the table.

My first big hand came up when i had 7 7 UTG and decided to limp for 100, I got so see a flop of 7 5 Q rainbow which was beautiful. Blinds checked as did I and a mid position limper bet out 500, which was called by the button and the SB, i just smooth called with no danger out there. The turn was an A which was good for my hand and SB checked as did I, the bettor fired out another 500 which was again called by the button, the SB folded and i decided to re raise to 1500 hoping for one of them to push with 2 pair. The bettor now folded and the button called the extra 1k, the river was a J and i moved all in, after i made this move i thought i was in trouble as now a straight might of got there but the button folded and i took down a nice pot.

I reached the break with around 11k and added on for another 5k. A nice pot of over £3600 had formed with the top 9 being payed and a nice £1400 for the win.

I looked down at pocket 10's and Justin had raised to 1300 so i decided to flat call and see a flop, the flop came A x x, check check, turn was a blank, check check, river was a J and Justin bet out 1500, i tried to work out what he had and thought he might of had an under pair to my 10's and as id checked it down he might of thought he was good so i called only for him to show AA for a flopped set. After the hand i thought i should of layed it down as he could of had and A or even rivered a J.

Justin was moved and then i eliminated a player after i had limped with AQo in early position, he moved all in with a short stack and i made the call, he flipped Ad 7d and my AQ held.

The players were dropping like flies and we eliminated 4 or 5 in quick succession on our table, i eliminated the former chip leader on our table after he had taken 2 big hits to his stack, he moved in his short stack and i looked down at AKo and moved in after him to isolate him, he flipped QJo and my AK held to take down the pot.

We were down to 3 tables and a new player on our table was Lawrence Gosney who started to bully and dominate the shorter stacks, with the blinds at 1000/2000 then 1500/3000 my 20k stack was starting to look venerable as i had become card dead and the blinds had just come to me, i had to let go of my 3k BB to Lawrence's UTG raise as i had rags. I then found A 5o in the SB after it had been folded round to me, i shipped it in hoping to be ahead of Lawrence who had to make the call in the BB with Ac 7c, the flop was Q 2 3 giving me outs but the board bricked out and his 7 kicker played an eliminated me in 21st place.

I felt that i had played a decent game but the cards went dry at the wrong time for me and a decent cash would of set me back on track for the month.

Buy ins (inc rake): £160

Cashes : £175

Profit/Loss: £15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just tryin to help dan, (I'm on a mission to not sleep it seems so am finding stupid things to do like reading everyones blog) but the 77 hand is not good. Pf is fine in these lines up. Don't mind flop check, but when it comes back to u u should put in a decent raise. It's a massive multiway limped pot so there's lots of possible straight draws, then on turn u put in a tiny raise, u've basically priced all straight draws in to stack u. U should probably lead this turn since the A is pretty blankish and will get chked around a lot. Shove river is obv good but u should have the money in by turn on this hand. It's a triple chance let people gamble with their first buyin. And when the J hits why an earth would u be scared of KT, it's near impossible to hold that after the betting that occurred, if they do then make a note and makes lot of future money off em.

Also u don't say blinds with the TT hand but if it's 100/200 then it's def a fold preflop, 200/400 it's a bit closer but I'll prob still fold to Justin's open. Also if he has a lower pair and chooses to bluff in this hand it'll be on flop or turn not river I think. And he never has a Jack in his range and if he did he'd never valuebet it. So it's AA, JJ or nothing but can't really see any nothings in his range.

End rant, hope that helps.