Thursday 22 January 2009

Gala £25+£15

Last night i decided to try the £25 with 1 re buy of £15 at Gala. With a 7.5k starting stack and a guarantee of £2k i thought it provided better value than the £40 freezeout bounty at Alea.

I managed to spew 2/3 of my stack away in the first level then at the 50/100 level i limp in late position with Ac 5c, the button jacks it up to 350 3 other callers so i call the extra 250. Flop comes down a beautiful Kc Jc 2c, its checked round to the button who fires out 500, everybody folds so i flat it. Turn is a blank and i check again he puts in a bet of 2100 which i have left in front of me. I insta call with the nuts and he turns K 6 and is drawing dead.

I then get 9 9 UTG and raise it up to 400 and get one call. Flop comes A J X and we both check(i know i should fire at this flop to see where i stand), turn is a 5 and i check thinking he is trapping with an Ace, he checks behind. River is a 7 and i check again and he value bets a small amount and i pay him off and he flips 7 5 for runner runner WP mate.

Next hand i tilt call a mini raise on my BB with 9h 2h, flop comes 9 3h X i bet out 500 which is called by the button. Turn is a heart giving me the FD a bet of 1k takes it down without showdown.

At the break i had managed to build my stack back up to 7250 and i added on a further 7.5k taking me up to 14,750.

The first hand after the break (100/200) and I'm dealt AA in the cut off, Stacey makes it 700 in late position, i flat call it and the blinds also call. Flop comes 9 high and the blinds check then Stacey bets out 1.6k, i re-pop it to 4.6k and take it down without showdown. Up to 18.5k.

I then went card dead and moved tables, picked up some blinds with AJ twice. Another table change and after a few orbits at the 800/1600 level UTG moves all in for 10.4k(this is 3rd all in within about 5 hands) it gets passed round to me and i look down at 10 10 i ship it all in and he flips 10c 9c. No miracle and i take down the pot and I'm up to the 30k mark.

Id slipped down to 13.5k and shipped it in UTG+1 with K Qo its folded to Brent Horner who says to me " GG girgy GG, WP mate" then he flat calls my all in. Everybody folds and i flip my K Q Brent slowrolls his AA, a King on the flop gave me some outs but it wasn't looking good until i binked a Q on the river and doubled up to around 33K.

I busted on the Final Table bubble when Brent got his revenge for my suck out against his aces. I moved all in on the button with K J off and Brent found A 10 in the BB and called. No help this time and it was game over. GG Brent.

Buy ins (inc rake): £310.50

Cashes : £225

Profit/Loss: -£85.50

No comments: