Wednesday 28 January 2009

Gala £10 triple chance.

Last night i decided to head to Gala as i have recent form there and a guarantee of £1500. With 44 runners there was an overlay and the £1500 was not reached.

I felt in the zone from the off, i felt like i was paying more attention than i usually do and it helps with it being dealer dealt.

My first hand came up in the 50/100 level where i picked up AK in the BB, i raised it up to 600 after 6 limper's and then got 5 callers . I didn't like the Q 2 9 flop and it was checked around, the J on the turn was also checked round. A King on the river was also checked round and my AK was good and my stack was up to 7.3k

Then i call a raise of 300 in late position with 4 4, 2 others call and we see a flop of Q 10 Q, it was checked to the raiser who was to my right and he now bet out 1k, i thought he wouldn't be betting out the Q and i don't think he would make that bet with an A 10 so i thought he had AK/AJ or maybe a mid pair so i decided to flat call and see if i could take it down on the turn. The turn was a 4 which was ideal for my hand and the raiser now checked so i fired out a 1.5k bet, he check raised my bet to 4k i then thought for a few seconds before moving all in for an extra 2k more, he couldn't pass and called with AA and he didn't improve. My initial read was wrong but he over committed himself after the turn. My stack was now up to 15.2k.

I then had Kh Qh on the BB and raised an extra 2k after several limper's, i wanted to take the pot down but one of the limper's move in for an extra 1.5k more and i couldn't pass, he flipped over pocket 4's and it was off to the races where i rivered a straight. I was now up to 20k and added on for a further 5k giving me a nice stack of 25k to come back to after the break.

After the break i was moved tables and i took down the first two pots without showdown, i was then moved again and drop a few chips before picking up AA. I took down a decent pot with a 4k bet on a K Q X board against a short stacked lady as i thought she might have a calling hand but she passed.

I then raise to 3.6k with A 10 off in late position, the button then moves in for 19k ish and i have to pass and he shows AK.

The very next hand i get KK and make the same raise to 3.6k after 2 limper's, I'm called by the 2 limper's one a tight lady with a decent stack and the chip leader idiot. The flop comes X 5 A and the Lady bets out 4k, the chip leader re raises all in and I'm nearly sick on the table before passing my Kings, the lady folds and the idiot turns over A 5. Wp mate. Any none Ace flop and i have a nice pot to take down.

I kept my patience and after another table had broken we were now down to 2 tables and a new player at the table raises my BB to 6k, i have played with this guy a few times and his range is anything from KJ-AA and low pairs. I look down at Ad Qd and i move in for 15.6k total, he tanks then calls the extra 9.6k with A J and my hand holds and I'm up to 35k.

The same player then raises again a few hands later and i have A J this time and move all in, he calls with KK and i manage to suck out the Ace ball on the turn to send him packing. I had got lucky but i now had a stack of over 7ok to make the final table with.

A short stack in the BB announces that hes going to ship it all in regardless and i look down at A 10off so i just raise it up to 20k hoping to isolate him. Jamie Millar on my immediate left then re shoves all in for 45-50k, the short stack calls and i have to lay it down. Jamie shows QQ and wins with a Full House. My mistake in this hand was i should of raised the minimum as it was covering the all in anyway, instead i lost about 8k more than i should and if Jamie was shorter than he was i would of been priced into the call and would of been left crippled.

I made the final table with 52k which was around average. The final table had a very unusual feel about it and contained 5 men and 5 women which i think is rare as only 6 Lady's started the comp. With only 8 being paid we decided to offer a saver for 8th and 9th with everybody paying £5 out of their own pocket with the last 2 places taking £25 each.

I was up and down on the final table, had to steal a few blinds to stay alive whilst having to pass lots of marginal hands due to raises or lack of position.

I was crippled when Joan moved all in on my BB for 23k, i looked down at Ah 9h and decided to gamble to try and get a stack for the win! I called and she flipped Js 10s, flop was A X X 2 spades and i knew i was going to lose the hand. The spade on the river sealed it and i lost a decent pot at the same stage as yesterdays tournament. If i win that race then i think i go on to heads up at minimum.

I had 13.5k left and with the blinds just passed me i waited to try and find a hand. My mum was at the final table to my right so i decided to wait until UTG till i shipped it in, that way she has to call and either takes my chips or i double up. I shipped it in UTG with 6 7 off and she had to call the extra 5.5k after everybody had passed, she had Ah 5h which held up and i was out in 6th winning £60

I thought i played well all tournament, i had to lay down some big hands, i did get lucky against the KK with AJ but i wont grumble about that as it happens to me a lot of the time.

Buy ins (inc rake): £423.50

Cashes : £502

Profit/Loss: £78.50

No comments: