Monday 14 April 2008

Dusk Till Dawn Weekend



I decided to make 2 trips to DTD this weekend as it is my last chance before I go to Australia.


Friday £75 Freezeout


On friday I travelled down with Fran for the £75 Freezeout which attracted 67 runners. I managed to grind it down to the last 20 odd but was swallowed up by the blinds and antes after the lack of any decent cards. I didn't bother playing cash and we headed back up the M1 empty handed.


Sunday £100 Freezeout


Sunday was to be my last trip to DTD and I made the journey with my Mum to play the £100 Freezeout which attracted 59 runners with an overlay of £600 as it is guarenteed at £6.5k. I started of pretty well winning a few pots and building my 5k stack upto the 8k mark. Early doors I was getting some decent cards and using position well to take down a few bluffs. I got to the first break with around 5k after losing a few pots and having to lay down pocket kings on the turn on a very tricky board. Into the middle stages of the competition I doubled through with AK vs 66 a king being the first card out, and the I lost a 50/50 to the eventual winner with AQ spades against 4 4 which some how managed to avoid a lot of bullets, which crippled me and was down to less than 10 BB. i managed to hand around for a little while but eventually busted out in 13th (top 7 being paid) with the blinds and antes swallowing me up. I always enjoy the DTD experience and cant wait for by next visit hopefully to make a final table.


No comments: