Wednesday 9 April 2008

Moortown £20 Freezeout

Last night I headed off for the £20 Freeze out at Grosvenor Moortown, 20 players started on 2 tables with several on the alternate list. I found myself on table 1 with Ma aka my Mum and my Uncle John. I decided to change my game a bit and become a bit more aggressive than normal as I thought I had the right table to do so, I used position well and raised in spots with any 2 cards often getting through but once or twice getting caught with my fingers in the till. I reached the break with a little over my 10k starting stack. After the break I grinded away picking my spots until I doubled up with AK vs 99 the flop was a blank but an A on the turn then a K on the river was enough to ship me the 20k+ pot. I then played 2 big hands against Paul (the guy who smokes pens) he was to my right and raised to 2k and I picked up a tell of weakness on him so I re popped him to 6k with 8 3 os, everybody folded round to him and after a short dwell he mucked his cards. Then a couple of hands later Paul limped from the SB (500/1000), I raised up to 4k with pocket 7's and Paul min raised it to 8k, I then insta pushed all in and after a think about it for a while he mucked saying he folded AQ. I was up to around the 30k mark and we were soon down to the final table with the top 5 being paid. The first hand of the final table I looked down at 66 in UTG +1 and I raised to 3600, it was passed round to my mum on the BB who looked me up, the flop came A Q x and she checked, I bet out 6k and she folded 7 7 face up so I couldn't resist showing her my under pair lol. I then played a big pot with Mark Lewis (from Gala £25 double chance) he raised it up on button to 3200 which I called with Ac Jc from the SB, flop came A A 4 (2 spades) I checked he bet out which i flat called, a blank on the turn and it goes check check, another blank on the river so i checked and he bet 8k on the river which i just flat called in case he was holding AK or AQ, he actually had J 2 of spades for a busted flush draw. I then made a squeeze play with 6 6 after a few limper's on my BB which got through. Then Justin raised 3 x BB and I moved all in against him with JJ he passed pretty quick. We were soon in the money then my Mum doubled through by taking Justin out with J 9 against his Q 9. We were then down to 3 which consisted of David Bielby, my Mum and Myself. I called my Mums SB raise from the BB with 7d 8d, flop came 2 diamonds and she moved all in which I called she showed A Q and I hit my flush on the river sending her to the rail in 3rd. WP Ma Unlucky. (No colluding when we are at the same table!) Heads up lasted no more than 10 hands after i had JJ busted by a flopped flush and straight draw which hit on the river and I came 2nd for £145. GG and WP.

No comments: