Sunday 6 April 2008

New Gala £40 bounty tournament.

I decided to try out the new scheduled bounty tournament at Gala last night and with £30 going into the prize fund and £10 as your bounty i thought it was good value for money with a 30min clock and 15k starting stack. I decided to deal and could deal myself and hand, I managed to bluff a few pots and get to the first break losing just 800 from my 15k. After the break i had to fold my best hand of the night AK against Derek aka "Wheels" after i missed all streets and he fired out on the river. Then I was getting short and I pushed in mid position with K Q os only to be called by "Wheels" in the BB with Q J which i was delighted to see until the flop came 8 9 x giving my opponent a gut shot which he hit on the turn as I dealt the 10, I needed a J on the river which blanked out for me. I didn't claim any bounties but i thought i didn't make any mistakes and was happy with how i played.

A small cash game had broken out so as I waited around for my mate on the final table I sat down with £40, a few hands in I found AA in the BB I got heads up and all my money in the middle on a 9 10 J Q K board, I rivered the straight beating my opponents J Q for turned 2 pair. I then payed off 2 players after I miss read the board (all under cards to my JJ but any 7 made a straight) a river bet of £20 by player A was called by myself and player B, the both showed the 7 and were puzzled by my call with the JJ, I explained that I missed the straight, which shouldn't of bothered them as they made an extra £10 each out of me! I then saw a multi way flop with K 3 os and flopped top pair, another K on the turn gave me trips which was good enough to win a nice pot and I left the table with £90 making back my tournament entry money which was better than nothing.

No comments: