Friday 28 March 2008

Gala £25 Double Chance.

Tonight I am going to try and make it back-to-back final tables at Gala. More to follow soon.........

I went to tonight's game feeling confident of matching last weeks final table although I was a little under the weather but I felt good. I lost my first 7.5k with Ac Jc on a J-high flop, all the money went in on the turn of a 10 and my opponent tabled 10 10 for trips and made Quads on the river just to make sure. I re-bought for 7.5k and I managed to make it through to the break with 12.8k. After the break I kicked on and eliminated Ed 'The Crazy Yank' with AK vs A3 I checked and he pushed all in on a xAx flop and I insta-called him, turn came another A and he failed to hit his 3 on the river. I then eliminated another player with AK on a AxA board, turn gave him an open ended straight draw which he committed all his stack with, I called and the river bricked out sending me over 30k. I then moved tables and it went quiet for a while, we were down to 2 tables and with blinds at 800/1600 I limped in mid position with 4 4 with 4 players to a flop of K x x, it got checked round and a heavenly 4 came on the turn, a bet from a tight player in early position, quickly followed by an all in from me was called by the tight player with KJ saying "why did i let you see the turn" a J on the turn gave him a few outs but a blank on the river gave me the pot. A while later after being blinded down to around 10xBB I pushed all in against the same player with the 4 4 from earlier after he had raised in early position i thought he would lay it down as he said "id call anybody but you" but he found the call and my Kh 10h was in bad shape against his A 10, but a K in the window sealed the double up and I was back in it. We were then down to 2 tables and I felt like I could make back to back final tables unto this hand came up, it was passed round to me on the button and i held Ac 10c and raised it up to 18k (blinds 3k 6k) SB folded and Mark Lewis a very good respected player called the extra 12k, I thought he is going to push on any flop and I was prepared for this, the flop came 7 4 7 rainbow and as I thought he moved in for 35k, I thought he wouldn't push all in with a 7 and if he has a 4 then I've got over cards and I thought I was in front so I made the call and he showed 6h 5h for an open ended straight draw, I was happy with my read and he said "nice call", the turn was 9h giving Mark a flush draw and a dirty 5 on the river gave him a pair and left me with a bowl of rice, which i went all in with next hand with 9 10 against Marks A 10 and another short stacks A 8 so I was in bad shape an 8 on the flop and 10 on the turn gave Mark the pot and eliminated two of us to make it the final table. I was happy with the way I played all night and only made 2 mistakes all night but if that hand would of held up i was in good shape for the final table.

No comments: