Saturday 22 March 2008

Gala £25 Double Chance 5 way chop.

As I felt like I was running good and I just had one of those feelings like I was going to do well I headed off to Gala for the £25 double chance tournament. I found myself on WSOP Bracelet holder Lawrence Gosney's table which is always interesting. I was in seat 9 but offered to deal for the guy. I got to the break with 15 600 after my add on. After the break I knocked a player out with 10 10 vs 8 8 and then took another player out with A Q hit top pair on the flop against his straight draw, I made trips on the turn and he missed the river and I was upto around 40k. I dealt myself some decent hands and took a few pots down pretty much uncontested, then i got K K and raised 3x BB and got 2 callers, the flop came down K K A for flopped Quads! I could hardly contain myself! I was unable to get much out of it though. Shortly after I was moved tables and managed to drop 10k in chips before I was moved back to my original table when the new dealer kindly dealt me QQ to know another player out followed by AK which i raise 3 x BB and found a raise by the previous player who was on my direct left before I was moved, I put him down as a tight player but had not much experience and it was his first time in the Gala id seen him take a few pots down with strong hands so I put him on QQ JJ AK or AQ and could maybe out play him when the flop came down, the flop was A J x (2 hearts) I check he bets, I call here because he has me covered and want to take the minimum risks, turn comes Q hearts I check again and he bets bigger I flat call again here as now I have a straight draw to go with my top pair, the river is a 10 making me the nut straight, I move all in and he goes into the tank, I start giving him some chat saying i didn't want him to call and don't want him to go home, I now no he's not got a flush or a full house or he would of insta-called my all in so I'm happy if he calls, I call the clock on him and after he says Ive put too much in Ive gotta call he calls me with a set of Q's and I scoop the biggest pot of the night and go chip leader with 140k and were down to 2 tables. I dropped about 70k and were hand for hand when i found As Ks and pushed in for about 50k and was called by Derek a slow rolling old boy in a wheel chair, he calls me with K K and I spiked an A on the flop and we were down to 10 for the final table. I started the Final Table with 114k and drew seat number 3 which is the worst seat as you start in the BB, we got down to 6 players and I picked up QQ and raised to 40k, a guy re-raise all in and after I counted my chips we had exactly the same amount and I called and he flipped over 10 10 and with no help from the board he was out in 6th and I was chip leader with 193k but we were all around the high 100's and a 5 way deal was suggested, the deal was for £495 each which was just short of 2nd place money so I was happy as I needed the cash. If i had of been in a better financial situation the I would of played on for the win but I did not want to risk it.

No comments: