Wednesday 4 February 2009

Gala £25+£15 double chance.

Tonight's game at Gala exceeded the guarantee and had 52 runners.

In the first level 25/50 i get dealt AQ off in the SB after a raiser in UTG+1 makes it 175 followed by 2 limper's i make it 675. 3 callers and i fire out 1.5k on an all club flop with top pair. Its good to take down the pot.

Then 2 hands later a weird hand crops up, I raise in th c/o t0 250 with AJ which is flatted by James in the SB, also the BB and UTG. The flop comes down 6 6 10 and is checked around, an 8 on the turn is also checked around. The river is a 7 and James and the BB checks, UTG passes and i flip over my cards and check. James turns over 8's full and the BB turns over 7's full?!?!? How does James not get all of the BB's chips here? He must of smelt a rat!Never check a made hand on the river James!

I then get a gift in the 50/100 level, I look down at 10's in the BB and raise to 600 after Mr Yu flat calls the 600 Shaun re pops it on the button to 2k. I tank for a while before deciding to peel off a flop and i flat call it. Yu passes and we see a flop of 10 3 6 which i check, Shaun then bets out 2.5k so i move all in and he calls off all his chips with 10 2, a 5 on the turn brings a sweat before the Ace brick on the river and i scoop the pot and I'm up to 17k.

I add on at the break and have 22.6k to come back to. I get blinded down to about 16k after a couple of table changes and being card dead for a few levels until 800/1600 where i call a min raise from the BB with A 8 off. The flop comes 8 6 X and i push all in and get insta called by the raiser with K 6, he claimed he thought he had K 8 so i double up to 32k. Wp mate.

We then get split down to 2 tables, i managed to take 2 pots down uncontested with AQo and pocket 9's before 2 big hands come up.

First hand and were on the 1.5k/3k level and i have 33k total, there has been a raise in mid position to 11k and it gets passed round to me on the BB i look down at QQ and tank for a few seconds before shipping it in. The raiser then tanks for about a minute before calling the extra 22k with AJ off, my Queens hold.

The very next hand i get pocket 8's in the SB and facing a limper then 10k raise i decide to flat call the extra 8.5k and peel a flop off, the limper comes along too and we see a flop of 8 10 2. I trap check and the limper checks also, the raiser now goes all in and he has me covered. I then move all in and the limper folds. This is a 150k+ pot and i am sent for the final table if i win the hand. I'm nearly sick when the raiser flips over pocket 10's, he makes quads on the river for good measure and I'm sent packing in 16th spot just short of the final table.

I thought i played solidly again tonight and was cruelly coolered just short of the final table. My run of consecutive final table appearances comes to an end and i left feeling totally numb and gutted. I am now going to have a few days off and will probably get back to the grind on Sunday.

Buy ins (inc rake): £675.50

Cashes : £1334.50

Profit/Loss: £659

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Gala do you play at mate? Is it the one in Leeds?

Daniel Girdlestone said...

Yes mate play at Leeds, have u played there recently?

Anonymous said...

Hi mate, I hardly play live due to commitments but I'm from Leeds so always wonder where the best venues are nowadays.