Sunday 1 February 2009

Blackpool Weekend

£100 Deep stack

Yesterday i headed up to Blackpool for the monthly deep stack. I was staked half of the entry money by Mama G.

A 15k stack and 45 minute clock providing lots of play and with 151 entries it created a nice juicy £15,100.

It was a pretty frustrating for me, every time i raised with a hand i would miss the flop or would have to lay it down being beaten into the pot first.

I managed to win a few pots uncontested, one with QQ after i fired out on a K high board.

My exit hand came in the 200/400 level, i had about 11k of my 15k stack left and i was in the BB. It was folded round to the SB who completed and i checked my option with 8 9 off. The flop came down 10 9 7 and was checked to me so i bet out 800 thinking i would take it down, the SB flats it and we see a K on the turn which he again checks. I still think i am good at the moment and decide to check and peel off another card, the river was a 6 filling my straight and now the SB bets out 1.5k. At best i thought it would be a split pot with the 8 as i didn't think he would have J 8 here so i re raised to 4k, he then moved in and had me covered. I couldn't lay it down and after i called he said he had the nuts and flipped Q J for a turned higher straight. I totally miss read the board and didn't even think about JQ here.

I thought i had played quite solidly up until that point and i will be attending this event again for sure. As i was out and had a room booked for the night i decided to play the £25 freeze out.

£25 Freeze out

With over 70 runners this seamed like a decent tournament and 6k chips and a 20 minute clock wasn't bad but £5.50 juice on a self dealt £25 freeze out was absolutely ridiculous!

I shouldn't of bothered really as i wasn't in the right frame of mind, to add to the misery i was sat on a table of newbies and annoying people with the exception of a fit blond in seat 1, and i proceeded to donk off all my chips on the hand before the break as i didn't want to return after the break.

Congratulations to Charles Flynn who cashed in the £100 deep stack for a tidy sum of £1950.

Well done to him and i will be hoping to do better next month.

Buy ins (inc rake): £552.50

Cashes : £942

Profit/Loss: £389.50

No comments: