Monday 2 February 2009

Gala £15 triple chance.

So i went to Gala last night in a good frame of mind after Saturdays disappointment in Blackpool. I really like this tournament at Gala and have final tabled it in the previous 2 weeks.


I started off pretty loosely and lost my first set of 5k trying to set mine with pocket 3's. Flop came down J 4 5 and was checked round to a turn of 6, i now bet out 500 trying to take it down but i got re raised to 1.5k. I should of passed to this bet as it came from the original raiser but i flatted with the open ender hoping to take it away on the river. The river came another 6 and i moved all in for 3k representing the 6 only to be called by JJ for a rivered full house. Ooops.


So i re bought and then get dealt KK so i raise it to 350, the short stack on my left then moves all in for 925, its passed round to Graham Manson on my right who flat calls the 925 so i flat call also. The flop comes down J high and Graham moves in for another 1.2k ish so i insta call him, Graham shows QJ and the short stack had 10's and both missed so i was up to 8350.


I then flopped 2 pair out of the bb with K 7 after the board comes K 7 X with 2 diamonds, i fired out 400 which is flatted by a limper who looked interested in the hand. The turn was the 8c and i now over bet the pot with a 1.9k bet hoping the limper is on a strong King but he folds and i increased my stack. I added on at the break and had a total of 11.5k.


At the 300/600 level i made it 2.5k to go with pocket 10's after Kareem had limped on my right(he limps most hands and hardly raises) it is folded back round to Kareem who flats it and we see a flop of A Q X which we both check, the turn and river are both blanks which get checked down and my 10's are good.


Up to the 400/800 level and after 3 limper's i looked down at pocket 8's in the SB and squeezed all in. It gets through to Kareem on the button who had limped then called my with Q J off for his tournament life! A Jack binks on the flop and I'm down to 4.3k and crippled. WP mate, nice call!


I then move all in UTG for my 4.3k with A J off which gets called by Kareem in the BB with 10 J. My hand holds and I'm up to 8.9k. The very next hand i have J 2 in the BB and is passed round to Kareem who completes the SB so i check to see a flop of 2 2 Q we both check, turn is a 4 which is checked. An 8 on the river and now Kareem bets out 2k, i min raise it to 4k which he pays off with A 8.


At the 600/1200 level after 2 limper's i looked down at QQ and moved all in, it gets passed round to Sean Savage in the BB who is short and decides to gamble with A J off, the board comes K x 10 for a sweat, a turn is another 10 so now Sean only has 3 outs which brick on the river and I'm now up to 27.4k.


Then came my biggest hand of the night, at the 800/1600 level i faced a min raise from UTG before looking down at KK, i re popped it to 10k which was followed by an all in from Dan Kaleda on my left, its passed back to me and i say there is only one hand that's beating me before calling. He flips AK and misses the flop, i turn a flush and its all over before he makes a straight on the river. I increase my stack to over 60k before we are broken to 2 tables.

I managed to lose a fair chunk of my stack with the blinds and my first raise at the table which Justin re raised so i had to pass it. I was moving in around the bubble and finally got caught out by Caroline Manson when i pushed my A 8 into her AQ. I was left crippled and went on a mad all in fest shoving my micro stack in around 8 times and receiving no callers. I managed to get my stack up to around 58k before the bubble broke and i made my 4th consecutive final table.

On the final table a player was eliminated first hand as he was the short stack and was in the BB straight away. After he departed we all decided to do a 9 way chop for £220 each which was slightly less than 3rd place money. I was happy with this chop as it had become a crap shoot and i continued my good run at Gala.

I feel that i am playing well here at Gala at the moment and i am hoping my success continues into this coming week.

Buy ins (inc rake): £600

Cashes : £1162

Profit/Loss: £562

No comments: