Tuesday 10 February 2009

Gala £15 triple chance

Sunday night at Gala was just one of those tournaments. There was a decent turn out with 7 tables starting. My table draw was good and i had singled out 4 people who were good for easy chips.

At the 25/50 level i got AA in late position and raised it to 225 which got called by a limper, the flop came down A Q X and we both checked. The turn was another A giving me quads and we both checked again, the river was a blank and i bet 200 after he checked. He folded and i won a grand total of 300 with Quads.

I then get JJ UTG+1 and raise it to 400 which is called by the c/o. The flop was Q 9 8 and i fired out 600 which took it down.

Then comes my downfall, at the 100/200 level i get AA UTG+1 and decide to limp in as i am certain there is going to be a raise after me. All goes to plan as Graham(old guy who over bets pots and cant lay a hand down) raises it up to 800. It gets passed round to Sean Savage on the BB who re raises to 2300. I slam jam all my stack into the middle(around 6k total), followed by Graham, Sean folds what he says was JJ and its on the backs as Graham flips Ad Jd, WTF?? I am obv in good shape until the board rolls out Xd X X Xd Xd for runner runner suck out. I have him covered by 50 chips and have to re buy another 5k.

It went further down hill just before the break when i limped in the c/o with 2d 3d slightly tilting i decided to try and nail a flop. Flop comes down X 8 Xd and is bet 600 by a lad in early position, i decide to call planning on floating the flop also Dan Kaleda calls on the button behind me the blinds fold and the turn is the 8d, the lad who bet 600 now checks so i move all in for 4.2k more with my FD, Dan dwells behind me before flat calling my all in and i knew i was in trouble. The other lad folds and Dan turns over 10 8 off for trips. I miss my dime and have to get my final re buy so i have 5k to come back to after the break.

Pushed twice to pick up the blinds then push in the c/o with pocket 5's with only the button and blinds to get through. Dan Kaleda on the button calls with A Q off and he hits and I'm out.

Buy ins (inc rake): £822

Cashes : £1674.50

Profit/Loss: £852.50

No comments: