Wednesday 4 February 2009

Gala £10 triple chance.

So last night i attended Gala's £10 triple chance and was on for my 5th consecutive final table if i were to make it. With 6 tables running the word is getting around about Gala now but the guarantee of £1500 was not met for this tournament.

I managed to donk off my first set of 5k when i was down to around 2.1k and limped in with As 3s, i turned 2 pair on a A Q K 2 (2 clubs) and facing a bet of 1.5k i moved in for an extra 600 which was called by Qc Jc which got there on the 5c river.

I re bought and then added on at the break to have a total of 9.4k.

After the break i got dealt Ac Ad in the BB(300/600), i made it an extra 1.6k to go after 2 limper's and was called by Graham Manson. The flop comes 10 J Q all hearts and i fired out a bet of 1.8k which took it down.

I then get moved tables and Joan who is now a short stack after donking of 20 odd k moves all in for around 2k, the chip leader a scouse lad on my right moves all in to try and isolate Joan. I look down at AA again and snap his hand off! Its on their backs and Joan had pushed with Kc 4c and the chip leader has AK and A on the flop is nice with 2 clubs but i turn a full house to take down a 27k pot.

I then take down a 10k pot blind vs blind when i limped with KQ and Dee pushed in the BB, i called and she flips 10 J. Flop comes QXA turn and river both brick out and I'm up to 32k.

I then double up again blind on blind against Tim Sherwin, i completed with K2 and Tim checked, the flop comes K 2s Xs and i we both check it. The turn is a beautiful 2 and is checked round again, the river is a Q and i now bet out 4k which Tim min raises to 8k, i then move all in and he calls with KQ and I'm up to 64k.

The next hand i get AK on the button and raise it to 12k after a limper in the c/o and he calls, the flop comes X X J and we both check. The turn is a K and he checks to me so i now bet out 8k to find out where i am, the scouse lad calls and another K on the river is nice to see. He checks again and i now bet out 10k which he flat calls with A 10 off for a busted straight draw and my stack is now up to 107k.

I made the final with 93k and was drawn in seat 3 which is bad as I'm in the BB straight away and they will go up on me after one round of the table. This was my 5th consecutive final table and am starting to run pretty well in the run up to the bubble.

I Eliminated Graham Manson with AA vs AJ and i was back up to 109k after losing the blinds. I then lost a 70k pot to Tim Sherwin after he pushes UTG+1 i look down at AK in the BB and call and he shows 10's, the board bricks out and i was down to about 60k.

The final table was now and official all in fest with the chips moving from one stack to another. I managed to get lucky twice beating Andrew James's A 9 off with K 9 suited hitting a K on the flop and then take Ian out in 5th when i pushed UTG with Qs Js, he called in the SB with KQ off and hit a K on the flop but i hit a flush draw which came on the turn giving me a royal flush draw on the river which i missed. I was up to 200k with nearly 1/3 of the chips in play but lost a big pot to the guy on my right when he raised to 40k pre flop at 10k/20k i looked down at 3 3 and decided to jam it all in, he called and turned over A J which hit an A on the flop.

I exited in 4th place and my cousin Ben came 3rd, we had a 50/50 deal agreed before we started the final table so we won a total of £345 which we split for £172.50 each.

Buy ins (inc rake): £632

Cashes : £1334.50

Profit/Loss: £702.50

No comments: