Monday 9 February 2009

Alea £20 double chance

Instead of having a few days off i fancied the Thursday night comp at Alea. £20 double chance with a 5k starting stack with around 30 runners.

I managed to delete my notes for this comp but i remember getting my 5k starting stack up to the 15k mark after my add on at the break due to one hand against Grayson Cobb. I had 3 5 in the BB and checked my option and we saw a flop of A 2 6, it was checked round and a 4 on the turn gave me the nuts so i checked again and Grayson bet 200, a few limper's called so i just flatted and a 9 came on the river. This time i bet out 400 which Grayson re raised to 1200, everybody folded round to me i re raised all in a further 3.5k more which he payed off with A 9.

After the break i offered to deal and bided my time and picked up a few pots. I lost a bit pot to Karim after i had raised with AK, he dwelled and pushed all i thought he had a weak Ace or a pair lower than 9's so i called and he turned over KK. I failed to hit and doubled him up. I still had a decent stack left and after making a few moves i made the final table with around 24k.

The first hand of the final table i was in the BB and got to see a free flop with 9 2. The flop came down 9 2 X and after the SB checked Karim bet out, the SB folds so i moved all in and Karim called with 9 10 and bricked out. i just had him covered so i doubled up to around 45k.

I then eliminated a lady with AQ after she pushed short stacked. We were down to 5 and i knocked out another player as he was all in blind on my BB and Faruk called his all in so i came along with some rags which hit the river and knocked him out. I then eliminated Charles Flynn with AJ vs 7 7 AIPF i binked a J on the flop and was now a massive chip leader.

We were down to 3 with Martim, Faruk and myself. After Faruk eliminated Martin we decided to do a chop for the money, each taking £340 and we played on for the league points.

I started off the comp on 2800 points and after Faruk luckily spawned the heads up i received 900 points taking me up to 3700 points. To qualify for the £3000 free roll at the end of February you need 4000 points so all i have to do is turn up 3 more times to get entry into the free roll.

Buy ins (inc rake): £719.50

Cashes : £1674.50

Profit/Loss: £955

No comments: