Sunday 25 January 2009

Gala £15 triple chance.

Another full house at Gala tonight and this tournament is proving to be very popular. With 70 runners it was looking like the £2k guarantee was going to be made.

I started off the tournament pretty well, at the 25/50 level i made it 250 to play in the c/o with pocket 10's, the BB min raises it to 500 so i move all in and he calls an flips QQ. A guy says he has passed a 10 but i manage to bink the one outer on the river to send me up to 9425.

I reached the break with 8.4k and added on another 5k to make it 13.4k. The total prize pool was over £2400 after all the add ons.

After the break at the 200/400 level I'm on the BB with JJ and make it an extra 1.6k to call. I get 1 caller from UTG+1 who had limped in, the flop came 8 8h 2h and i moved all in as i had the player covered. He called with Ah 4h and bricked out so i was up to 22.6k.

Two hands later and i get dealt pocket 8's in the c/o and call a min raise in position. The flop comes 4 3 2 rainbow and the raiser leads out for 2.5k, i have him on AK making a standard raise and decide to flat it to see the turn. Turn comes a 7 and i still think I'm ahead so i call his 3k bet, the river is a Q and he slows down and checks, i now think he has 99-JJ and opt to check behind and showdown my hand and he takes it with JJ.

My table then gets broken up, at the 600/1200 level i get pocket 9's UTG+1. UTG has flat called so i decide to jack it up to 5.2k, a guy in mid position then moves in for 9k and its passed round to UTG who says its time to gamble and moves in for under 9k. I didn't like my spot and didn't want to race 2 players but i was getting the correct odds to call and i was up against UTG's J 10 off and the re-raisers A Q off. The J 10 gets there and makes 2 pair and I'm down to 5.9k.

The very next hand i am in the BB, early position raises up to 5k and then Caroline moves all in for another 13 odd thousand on top of the 5k, its passed to me and i look down at JJ so ship it all in for 5.9k. Its back on the original raiser who tanks and then calls Caroline's all in, they both show AQ and im in good shape and after the board bricks out i treble up to 18.3k.

Were now at the 1500/3000 level and after a limper in mid position the SB completes and i looked down at Ad Kd in the BB. I move all in and the limper folds then the SB calls with J 5 off as he needs to go, this is usually where i write a bad beat story but the AK holds and I'm up to 45k.

I'm moved tables again and at the 2k/4k level a lady with lots of chips makes it 10k to go in early position. Its passed round to me in the SB and i look down at JJ, i know she is probably pretty tight but i decide i need to get chipped up for the final table as i am not taking enough gambles when nearing the bubble. I ship it all in for an extra 25k or so and she calls with As Ks, the flop is a not so nice 10 10s 6s and i have lots of cards to dodge. The turn pairs the 6 which is good for me and a nice blank on the river and i scoop the 79k pot. Jamie Millar said he passed A 10 in the BB so I'm glad i decided to move all in.

I made the final table with 82k and drew seat number 2 so i was SB and in the 3rd best seat.

The first hand was pretty interesting as Jamie doubled up off the chip leader with 77 against KK on a 7 3 2 3 X board. He then began to use his big chip stack well and also had a nice rush of cards until he had a big decision with 10's after a massive all in. He decided it was a flip and called and the guy turned over As Js and hit the flop and doubled up to around 360k and had nearly half the chips in play. Jamie still had 60k left and would probably won the tournament if he wins that coin flip.

I had to pass AJ twice with raises in front of me and managed to get down to the last 4 after stealing the blinds a few times and a double up with Kh Jh against the chip leaders A 10 off.

My exit hand came after the chip leader had raised UTG to about 34k i re raised all in for another 60k more with A Q off and the chip leader called with Qc 10c. A 10 in the door wasn't nice to see and i failed to hit my Ace and i was out. Another big score (£830 FTW) eludes me and i fail to get lucky at the crucial times. I cashed for £217 though which is a boost i needed badly.

Buy ins (inc rake): £385

Cashes : £442

Profit/Loss: £57

No comments: