Monday 19 January 2009

Gala £15 triple chance.

So yesterday afternoon i went to Gala for the £15 triple chance. I was expecting another 30-40 player turn out but when i arrived it was quite busy with some good solid players already milling around.

I sit down at my table and have Fran on my right and Justin 2 to my right, i have 2 solid players in the blinds when i am on the button so i have lots of opportunitys to nick their blinds if i get the chance.

We start of at the 25/50 level and a few hands in i am dealt 8 8 UTG+1 and raise it to 200, button and blinds cal and we see a flop of 7 9 K, we all check to see another K on the turn, the BB comes out betting 400 and i decide to give it up and he takes it down.

An intresting hand then arises, im in the BB with Qs 7s after Justin makes it 250 in cut off i decide to call as do 4 others. Folp of 7 6 5 is ok for my hand so i fire out 500, Justin re pops it to 1500 and i flat call deciding to try and take it down the streets, a 5 comes on the turn and i ship it in, Just folds JJ face up and i take it down and blatantly lie to him that he was behind.

Im upto 7675 after taking the blinds and a limp with a button raise with KJ. An orbit later im in the SB with 6s 5x and make up the blind, a flop of 9s 8s Xs is checked round to the cut off who bets 250, i decide to flat call and evaluate on the turn. Another spade on the turn and i check hoping to take it down with the small flush, the CO bets another 250 so i just flat call, a red ace on the turn and again i check with intent to call, the CO bets a 1100 and i dont think he's value betting a flush so i flat call and he show A 8 for 2 pair and my flush is good. Up to 9500.

At the 50/100 level and Justin raises upto 350 in early position, i look down at Ad Kd and jack it upto 1k, its folded round to Justin who says he's going to make a big laydown then folds JJ face up again. I show him my hand and said we would of been racing. I dont know why he is not shipping it in there as he still has a rebuy.

Then comes a MEGA hand, its a multi limped pot and im in the BB with A 9o and decide to check my option, a scary flop of Ad Jd 9d gets dealt and i decide to bet out 350 to see where i am at, i get called by the rock 2 to my left and a short stack guy in the cut off. Turn is an A filling me up and i am no longer scared of the made flush and i check hoping that the flush gets there, the rock then bets out 1k and is followed into the pot by the cut off for around 1.6k, i think before re raising all in and i have the rock covered who says ive gotta call. The rock has 7d 5d and he is drawing dead and the CO has Kd 10d and needs a miracle Qd for a one out Royal Flush, an 8d river is a bit scary but helps neither of them and i scoop the pot and im upto 16.9k.

I then eliminate a player, I raise in early position to 600 with A 10, Chris Walker to my left flat calls and Sean Savage moves all in for 1600, back to me and i call the extra as does Chris an AXXXX board is checked down between me and Chris and i beat Seans A 7 with my 10 kicker.

At the break i added on and im upto 28.9k


With the blinds at 200/400 i get QQ in early position and make a standard raise to 1200 which gets respected and i take the blinds.

I then went card dead for a few levels until the 800/1600 level where i picked up QQ, UTG limps then the man next to me jacks it upto 6k, i ship it all in for about 24k and its folded back round to him and he calls for about 10-15k more and flips KK, im in bad shape and with no help on the flop im looking like im going to be left with a bowl of rice until the Q binks on the turn, i have to dodge 2 Kings on the river and after the blank comes im upto 51.6k with 2 tables left.

With 870k chips in play and an average final table stack of 87k, im looking in good shape. I float about between the 40k and 60k mark, and should of taken advantage around the bubble but i lost my bottle a bit and was probably playing to cash instead of trying to go for the win!

The bubble burst and i made the final with 48k and i drew seat 4 which wasnt good as i was going to be in the blinds early. I was the second shortest stack as Justin had made the money but was crippled due to a bad beat on the bubble. He was the first one out and we were down to 9. I never picked up a decent hand and the blinds were about to go through me again so i made a stand UTG with 2s 3s, i was looked up by AJ which held and i was out in 9th for £50.

I felt that i played solidly throughout the tournament and was lucky to win the QQ vs KK hand, i think i should of become more aggressive nearer the bubble to try and get upto about 90k but with some people willing to call with marginal hands i didnt want to risk it. Im due a big score soon and i hope its going to be sooner rather than later.

Buy ins (inc rake): £267

Cashes : £225

Profit/Loss: -£42

No comments: