Sunday 9 March 2008

Grosvenor Moortown £10 Double Chance

Tonight i am going to Grosvenor Moortown to play in the £10 Double Chance and possibly partake in some Dealers Choice Cash. More to follow soon........................................................

Tournament:

Moortown attracted 60 runners and 2 alternates for tonight's £10 Double Chance generating a pot of £1130 after add ons. I started off well picking up a few pots and turning my 5k stack into 8k. With 3 hands announced before the break i raised UTG to 800 (Blinds 100/200) with AKos and got 4 callers including the SB+BB. Flop comes 8 A 8 Blinds both check and i lead out for 1500 leaving 2k behind and it gets folded round to the BB who sets me all in for the 2k more, i call as i still had my re buy and he flips over the mighty 10 8 os for a flopped set, the turn gave me outs for a flush but a blank on the river sealed the deal and i re-bought for 5k in chips.
After the break 2nd hand in and i find AA in mid position and i decided to limp for 400 and there was 6 players to the flop of K 5 5, it got checked to me and i pushed for 4.6k more, i got called by A 5 and with only 1 out remaining my tournament was over. (I was going against the way I play Aces! I always raise but I thought id limp because I thought id get a raise then I could re-raise as I needed to try and get chipped up.)

Cash:

With a few loose fish at the cash table i decided to sit down and try my luck, i sat down with £80 but i was getting garbage and i couldn't get a piece of the loose drunk guy who was donking all of his money around the table. I stayed patient and managed to grind my money up to around £130 at one point courtesy of Olly. I was dealt Ad Kd and saw a flop of 10 J x 2 diamonds, turn came another 10 and a blank on river left be down to peanuts. I managed to grind away for another hour and re-loaded another £30. Then i was dealt AQ os and limped in, i joked that i was going to be all over the flop, the flop came A Q x 2clubs i said that i had nailed the flop and Justin told me to check it as i was first to act, i checked as did Justin, Olly bet £15 which i was waiting for, Stuart and Chris Rhodes both flat called the £15 and then i moved in for £35 total. It was folded round to Chris who called the extra £20, I flipped my AQ and Chris said he had a massive draw, runner runner clubs came and i knew he had hit the Flush, he showed Ks JC, Sick! and my Cash night was over.

Tournament: - £20
Cash Tables: - £110

No comments: